My name is Yuko.I live in Japan.
I’d like to introduce how to make Fruits-daifuku.
Daifuku is a popular Japanese sweets that is made by wrapped sweet bean paste in rice cake.
Putting fruit in Daifuku will make it more delicious and Kawaii.
Let's try this!
About 8 pieces
Time: 30 minutes
Rice flour : 100g
sugar : 1 tbsp
Water : 150ml
Sweet bean paste : 90g
fruits(strawberries, grapes, oranges, etc.)
I used strawberries and grapes.
Potato starch or Corn starch
How to make
<sweet bean paste ball>
1. Wash fruits, wipe off water well, and remove green leaves from strawberries.
2. Divide sweet bean paste into 8 equal parts and wrap fruits.
How to wrap
3. Put rice flour, sugar and water in a bowl (acceptable to microwave heating) and mix well.
4. Cover the bowl with wrap film and heat in the microwave. 1 minute 30 seconds at 1000W
5. Take it out of the microwave and mix it well with a wet spoon.
6. wrap the bowl and heat at 1000W for 1 minute 30 seconds.
7. Take it out and mix it well with a spoon moistened with water.
* Be careful because the bowl is hot!
<How to wrap>
8. Mix rice cake until smooth, and divide it into 8 equal parts.
9. When the rice cake reaches a temperature that you can touch, stretched flat with your wet hands, and wrap the sweet bean paste ball.
* Be careful not to get burned.
10. Sprinkle Potato starch around to avoid Daifuku sticking.
If you want to make it easily, choose a small fruits.
When mixing rice cakes, you can make it easier by dipping your spoon frequently .
When the rice cake gets cold, it will be difficult to wrap.
If you think it's hard to wrap, put the sweet bean paste ball on flat rice cake.
I'd like to update other recipes soon, don't forget to bookmark my website!
If you have any questions please let me know.